BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Works in Progress


So at the moment I have a competition deadline at the end of the month for a Saint Celestine, 40k witchhunters, at my local Games Workshop. At the moment she is undercoated black. I have a tiered coffee jar lid that i think will make a nice stand. I'm thinking of clipping the battlefield debris from her feet and have her floating on parchments, Blood Angels HQ's are, in a marble floored temple.

I guess one of the big factors in choosing between all the Saint Celestines will be the freehand on her cloak. I have to think of something to paint on it. And then practice it because my freehand ability is unconvincing. Being a Lancastrian I'm thinking of Red Roses and maybe intertwinning thorn. Or should I do fleur de lys?

I was thinking about red armour too.

Over the Easter Bank Holiday I am going to my brother's for a few games of 40k. My Alpha Legion versus his Dark Angels in what will hopefully be a three game campaign. I am working on a little surprise for him, in the form of a Chaos Sorceror. I have converted Sigvald the Magnificent with the hnd of a Dark Elf Sorceress, and the wings of a Dark Pegasus. If you haven't worked it out yet, thats a Chaos Sorceror with the Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Force Sword and the beckoning finger which represents...Lash of Slaanesh. Move here Terminators, cluster like that, and BOOM! Defiler battlecannon. I know its become a 40k cliche for Chaos Space Marine Armies to have such a sorcerer but none of them will look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment