BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Welcome

Hello, this is a blog about any topic I can think of that relates to my hobby, the products and world's of Games Workshop. It can be about what projects I am working on, models that I have painted, cool things I have seen and thought I'd share, my opinions about the hobby, games I have played, anything I can think of.

I have been in the hobby since I guess 1989, when I was 7. I went round to a friends house whose older brother had "Space Marine", what would later go on to be Epic. These were tiny scale lead miniatures and the weight of the Imperial Mole Mortar in my tiny palm was impressive. The site of the titans striding between cardboard sky scrapers was inspiring. The art of the box was engrossing. I was round that guys house almost everyday for the early years of my life absorbing all the information I could about the World's of Warhammer, fantasy and future.

That Christmas I got Space Crusade and now I owned a piece of the Universe that had consumed me. I have never looked back.

So thats where it began.

But what about the name of this site?

I have named it after mythical heretic of the 40k Universe, Cypher, the Fallen Angel. An unidientified Dark Angel rebel who has roamed the Universe for 10,000 years clad in antique armour and monk's robe, two master crafted pistols in his hands, hood covering his face, and a sword he has never ever drawn. Is he a currupting influence of Chaos? Is he a degenerate criminal? Is he the one man who knows the truth? Is he in fact saving mankind?

Thats for you to decide.

And that is one of the wonderful things about this hobby, you have so much scope to make your own decisions about all sorts of things. It is your hobby. You own it in so many more ways than you own any other game. You own it more than you own the most wide ranging Computer Game. It is your yours.

Treat it lovingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment