BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Deathmaster Sknitch

Having taken this photo I have done a few touch ups, particularly that black splodge on the cloak.

I think the best blended bit of this model is his trousers. Boring but there you go.

Attempted NMM on the Weeping Blades trying for red shaded and green in the highlight to make them look deadly and magical. only the blade in front of the face seems realisitic and i was trying to copy reflections from a photo so that didn't work. I hated painting the green poison. I couldn't work our how to highlight it, i was just lost.

Pleased with his face.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I really like your paint job - I got the link from Darren Latham's blog. He's quite a good painter, isn't he(!!!).

    I know what you're saying about the 'John Blanche' look, I have exactly the same problem with my minis.

    My problem is lack of patience. I got into it thinking about how I'm going to spend as long as it takes to get the miniature right, and then end up giving myself time limits like 'I want to get all of the armour finished by the end of tonight...'

    How did the Deathmaster do in the GW competition? I used to work in the GW Stoke store a VERY long time ago.

    If you're interested in my painting blog, it's - http://darrenlysenko.blogspot.com

    I'm going to have a look at your Saint Celestine when I get chance...

    ReplyDelete