BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 21 June 2010

Catch - Up!

Sorry for a while between posts I had a busy-time at work, due to someone getting married and going on honeymoon (many, many happy wishes go with you Kerry and Andy), and then I went on holiday to America, photo provided below. This year i didn't see a bear. Or the Motorcity Machineguns. But that has nothing to do with Warhammer so...

Things what I 'ave bin up to: 1) War of the Rings, beginner's winning streak. Putting in a superfast Elfhelm's Riders formation now. Converting a Marshall Elfhelm from Marshall of the Riddermark model. Green stuff helmet not brilliant. 2) Just 4 hours before leaving for Heathrow, I played a 2000 point game of 40k against my brother's new Imperial Guard. My Chaos Space Marine's won 7-4 on Kill Points. But in actually game terms I was pretty much dominant from start to finish after a superb 1st turn of shooting and better use of terrain. 3) Painted Kal Jericho and Scabbs for a competition trying out the white undercoat theory. it was certainly bolder. 4) bought a magnifer lamp with daylight bulb from Maplins. Now that's a hell of a difference!!! 5) painting Sgt. Harker for a competition in 5 days... photo's to come.

Thats what I have been up to, but of course many, many things have been happening in the world of Games Workshop. 10/07/10 will be the release date of Warhammer Rulebook 8th Edition, as I have mentioned before. I have put down a pre-release order fro the Collector's Edition, the normal edition, and the NEW magic card deck!

I did question the necessity of new rules for Warhammer, and having gone through a copy at my local GW Store with the ever effervescent Irish John guiding my eyes, it isn't just a tidy up around the edges. There is serious change in this book in nearly ever section of the game. And I see the effects of War of the Ring, (measure when and what you want, charge rolls, wider units (hoardes)) and 40k (even partial hits are hits under a template. scatter artillery dice -BS, troop types) but it is still its own game entirely i think. Whether it remains the Master Game, the man amongst the boys, the pinnacle of table-top tactics, remains to be seen (I'm sure it will).

For a thorough and more enjoyable preview of the new army book Bad Dice Podcast has a brilliant episode up this week. I highly recommend it.

Finally there will be new Deamon models in July/August, with some lovely sculpts representing some of the characters in the Army Book/Codex that are yet to be released. New Plastic River Trolls, and the most Dynamic Boar Boyz ever! I think the Boar Boyz should already go into that Citadel Miniatures Hall of Fame. Quite astounding. And, for the moment, they are only £15. I wish Great Sword's were as good value for money, I'd put a Hoard of them in my 8th Edition Army. Anyway. Also coming soon some Internet only Empire civilians, one with a dancing bear! I have already picked out the moustachioed, dashing gent with a chest full of medals to be a hero for my Empire Army.

Exciting Times Ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment